Well, for me at least, this is a very strange and wonderful start to Spring. There is a lot of cosmic things at play that make today very unique. Yes, it's been in the news, but if you haven't heard yet, here's exactly what's going on:
- At 4:30am Eastern time today, there was a solar eclipse.
- There is currently a "supermoon".
- In case you're wondering, "A supermoon is the coincidence of a full moon or a new moon with the closest approach the Moonmakes to the Earth on its elliptical orbit, resulting in the largest apparent size of the lunar disk as seen from Earth. The technical name is the perigee-syzygy of the Earth-Moon-Sun system." (source: Wikipedia)
- There was a huge "solar storm" on St. Patrick's Day, which lead to the Aurora Borealis being absolutely amazing, and also seen as far south as the middle of the United States.
- Oh, and it's the Spring Equinox (commonly referred to as just "Spring")
This all makes for a very exciting start to Spring!