We have talked about Kitchen appliances and counter tops, remember we mentioned Energy Star appliances and Solid Surface counter tops. We’ve talked about almost everything except the kitchen sink. (pardon the pun)
So, today let’s look at the Kitchen Sink. Obviously there are many types and styles to choose from and they are then manufactured from a wide variety of materials, let’s look:
- Stainless Steel – the double bowl stainless steel sink is probably the most popular style of sink available, all of us have seen it at one time or another; they are easy to keep clean and extremely rugged. Lately a lot of people have been installing single bowl stainless sinks saying they are easier to work with.
- Cast Iron – the sinks made from Cast Iron are usually covered with a porcelain surface that can come in a huge array of colors giving your kitchen a beautiful look.
- Farmers’ Sink – this is one of the most recent additions and has become extremely popular. The Farmers’ Sink gives you a very contemporary look yet holding on to a classic look. Today’s photograph shows you a Farmers’ Sink.
- Solid Surface sinks – there are sinks that are manufactured from the same material used for the Solid Surface counter tops, the sink and counter top are then fused together giving the appearance of everything being one piece. This is a terrific look.
In addition to many materials sinks come in several basic designs.
- Top Mount sink – the stainless steel and cast iron sinks are classic examples of a Top Mount sink, the Lip of the sink sits on top of the counter top. Honestly, most sinks are this type.
- Under Mount sink – the solid surface sinks are often an Under Mount where the sink actually hangs from the underside of the counter top giving it a designer look.
- Stand along sinks – the Farmers’ Sink is a good example, it is a sink that basically sits all by itself.
The Kitchen Sink can add a lot to the look in your kitchen. Have fun!