The last question in our energy quiz –
Of all fifty states, which ONE STATE consumers THE MOST amount of electricity per household each year?
Correct answer: Louisiana with roughly 15,270 kilowatt hours per household and Hawaii had the lowest with an average of 6,176. These figures are for an entire year.
- Questions so far……….
- Heating and cooling uses the most energy at 48%
- 900 kilowatt hours is what the typical home uses each month
- Annual Energy Bill - $2,200 for energy bills
- Highest usage – Louisiana
Today’s Energy Question:
5. What are phantom loads?
- Electronics and appliances that consumer power when they are turned off but still plugged in
- The energy stored in electronics and appliances after they are unplugged
- Residual or unused energy that can be repurposed to power electronics and appliances
- Warnings on electronic devices that indicate they need to be charged or unplugged.
Tune in tomorrow for the correct answer.
How is everyone doing so far?