Wouldn’t you like your kids to be all snuggled up in bed, tucked under their covers, and all that in an Energy Efficient home?
Here’s a quick run-down synopsis of the things you should have already done:
- Closed and sealed off the basement windows! Very important
- Closed and sealed off the BIG hold in the floor underneath the bathroom tub, also very important
- Made sure the door from the basement to outside (if you have one) is properly sealed to prevent Cold Air Penetration
- Cover the basement drain so that cold air can’t come in
- Sprayed foam to seal cracks and crevices throughout the basement
- Make sure all your windows fit tightly but don’t caulk them shut that eliminates a possible escape route
- Have your fossil fuel appliances like the furnace checked and inspected for possible CO2 contamination
- Carefully inspect, fix, and/or replace your clothes dryer vent
- Install good weather strips around the exterior doors
- Inspect the insulation in the attic. Consider adding more
This is just an overview of things we all need to do.
What is a good idea that you would like to add to our list?