As fall draws to a close and we look forward to winter wouldn’t you want to be all snuggly warm and inside an Energy Efficient home?
For several weeks now, we have been looking at ways to Winterize your home and have tried to make specific suggestions that are inexpensive and effective. There is no need to break the bank! With very few exceptions the things are suggesting will make significant improvements and not cost you a lot of hard-earned money; things like:
- Closing and sealing your basement windows
- Sealing off cracks and crevices where Cold Air Penetrates
- Replacing the filter on your Forced Hot Air furnace
- Cleaning the ducts that carry warm air up into your home from the furnace
- We are suggesting you NOT purchase expensive replacement windows
- Don’t caulk the windows shut, think about an emergency exit
- Close off the hole that’s under your Tub (very important)
- How about investing a Spray Foam gun?
- If you need a new Heating system consider a Cold Climate Heat Pump, sometimes called a Mini-Split Heat Pump
- Call us about building you a super insulated Energy Efficient home!
There are a lot of wonderful ideas that can and will save you a lot of money on your energy bill, they will also cut down on your Carbon Footprint.
Yes, we want to be cozy and warm in the house this winter, but we also want to help our environment and not contribute to Global Warming! It really is your turn to do your part.
Reading a book next to the fire whether it be in Avery’s Gore or Clarendon Vermont, we all need to do our part.
We strongly encourage you to share your favorite Winterizing idea. What do you think works best?