All of us have at one time or another been in a home that for some reason seems to sparkle, it is just so much nicer than average. What makes one home stand out as a truly beautiful home and another is just plain? Take a look at today’s photograph and you will see that some kitchens are more beautiful than others.
There are four solutions to make your new home look spectacular:
- Floor coverings
In your kitchen, which many people will say is the heart of every home, there are numerous things you can do to make it stand out. So, whether your beautiful kitchen is in Fairfield or Fairlee you want it to stand-out as beautiful. Think about:
- Cabinetry – in today’s design world the Kitchen cabinets are the one huge part of every kitchen. Basically, there are two colors that are very popular. The first color is wood stained, and this lends itself to all kinds of woods and a plethora of stain colors. The second option is painted cabinets, again with all kinds of colors available. One is no better than the other, it all depends on your personal choice
- Counter Tops – again there are basically two major groups or types of counter tops. First is the Laminate or often referred to as Formica. Did you know that Formica is a brand-name for Laminate Counter Tops? Laminate comes in hundreds or various colors and patterns. The second is Solid Surface counter tops; these are the stone variety and come as natural stone that is mined from the earth such as granite and there are many other manufactured “stone” counter tops. Both types are referred to as Solid Surface.
- Floors – what type of flooring would you put in your kitchen? A lot of that decision will depend on what you have chosen for cabinets. The options for floors in the kitchen are numerous; running from vinyl sheet-goods that is sometimes referred to a linoleum, ceramic tiles, laminate, or hardwood.
- Appliances – when it comes to appliances there are numerous color options ranging from white to black, stainless, and black stainless. Then of course there are all kinds and styles of appliances.
- Lighting – lighting in the kitchen is very important! How many of us have been working at the counter top and realize that we are working in our own shadow because the lighting wasn’t planned properly? Think about proving proper light for the work that you have to do. Every think of “Under Cabinet” lighting?
Which type of kitchen cabinet do you think is the most beautiful?