Yesterday we talked about the kitchen and how it is so important in a home to make the entire home sparkle. In addition to kitchens, the bathroom(s) are another area where everyone hopes for spectacular quality.
There are so many things to consider when designing a bathroom, especially if you want it to be a focal point of your home if you are in Rochester or Roxbury Vermont, you will want your bathroom to be fantastic.
- Ease of cleaning – the surfaces inside a bathroom should not only be beautiful but easy to keep clean and hygienically sanitary as well.
- Ease of use – there are a lot of questions to ask about the bathroom:
- One person or two in the showers and/or tubs?
- Is it primarily for the master ensuite?
- Do you need privacy areas?
- Would you like a closet inside the bathroom?
- What are the various ages of the users? Young or seniors?
- Is your bathroom going to have a window? If yes then you need to allocate wall space for that window.
- What are the various types of bathrooms?
- Half Bath – a toilet and sink only
- Three-Quarter bath has a toilet, sink, and a shower
- Full Bath will have a toilet, sink, and a tub/shower
- Cabinetry is vital, will you have cabinets for the vanity or a pedestal sink? The various styles and colors for bathroom vanities are a varied as in the kitchen.
- Counter tops again are basically two types, the laminate and solid surface as you saw in the kitchen.
- The variety of sinks is huge ranging from steel drop-in sinks, pedestal sinks, vessel sinks, and on and on and on! The prices are all over the place also from very affordable to crazy expensive. It is all up to you.
- The sinks all need a faucet and there are so many types and styles.
- Lighting is also very important in the bathroom. Don’t forget that many people put their make-up on in the bathroom and need proper lighting.
All the assorted styles, colors, types, materials and so on add to the beauty of your bathroom. Take a look at today’s photographs, we all started out in the kitchen sink.
If you had to choose, what is the most important part of your bathroom that adds to its beauty?