Yesterday we talked about pouring the concrete into the foundation forms that hold the concrete until it cures enough. Today’s picture shows the wall within hours of the forms being removed.
Here is an overview of what is in today’s photograph and things to understand:
- The concrete forms have just been removed only a couple hours before the picture was taken. In this state the concrete is very “green”, meaning it is brand new
- The concrete is quite weak at this point and needs to be left alone as it cures or hardens
- Within about a week to ten days the concrete will have cured enough that the project can continue; the waiting period is over.
- Our Green Concrete will take roughly 28 days to cure so that it is at 100% of its strength
- At the end of the first curing process, one week to ten days, the concrete is strong enough for us to gently set in place a Modular Home.
- Frequently we are asked how much a modular home weighs. Although the weight varies it is fairly safe to say each module is apt to weigh roughly 27,000 pounds for 14 tons each.
- As you can quickly see the concrete needs to be strong to hold the weight of the house.
- As you can see from today’s picture the earth, dirt, has been dug or “over-dug” allowing space for men/women to work on the foundation. It is called backfilling when the void is filled in with dirt. Prior to backfilling the foundation is coated with a waterproofing material of which there are numerous options.
We will be following this project right through its completion.
Let us know what particular parts you would like to see.
Every home is 100% Custom Built so your new home will be exactly the way you want. You are going to love your new home!
If your new home is in East Haven or East Montpelier, we will deliver to you the home of your dreams. Call us to start the conversation, call us at (802) 985-5855