The science is crystal clear. The climate of the earth is changing. That change poses a severe threat to all of us.
The challenge for now is exactly what do we do to stop the damage to our planet. The science is clear and irrefutable! The political answer to that body of knowledge is far from clear. We are all entitled to our own opinion, but we are not entitled to our own set of individual facts. Scientists around the world have objectively come to the inescapable conclusion that the climate is changing and now it is the Politicians place to decide what is the best course of action to take based on the scientific facts.
Some will decide that doing nothing is best whereas here in Vermont the movement away from Fossil Fuels is the best option. That translates to a far greater dependence on electricity.
Here are a series of inescapable facts:
- The use of Coal to generate electricity is far less. In 2008 51% of our electricity was generated by Coal and by 2018 only 32% of our energy was generated by coal.
- About one half of the reduction in the use of Coal was taken over by solar and wind.
- In ten years, that is a huge swing away from coal.
- The use of Natural Gas has remained fairly constant as a percentage of electricity generated by gas.
- The huge change has been to wind and solar, both of which are a far greater generating percentage for all the electricity we use
In the past several years Vermont Modular has been installing more and more Cold Climate Heat Pumps as the primary source of heat and air conditioning.
We are still refining a program where VMH will include with as an option the installation of a Heat Pump with all of our homes.
If you would like to be part of a pilot program then let us know, we will gladly work with you as you incorporate the Latest Technologically advanced heating system into your new home.
Our eventual goal is to deliver homes that are all heated with Heat Pumps. Come join us as we try something very new in the residential housing market.